Olmecip AM tablets are a prescription medication used to treat high blood pressure (hypertension) in adults. This medication is a combination of two active ingredients: olmesartan medoxomil and amlodipine besylate. Here are some key bullet points to describe Olmecip AM tablets:
- Each tablet contains 20mg of olmesartan medoxomil and 5mg of amlodipine besylate.
- Olmesartan medoxomil is an angiotensin II receptor blocker (ARB), which works by relaxing blood vessels and reducing blood pressure.
- Amlodipine besylate is a calcium channel blocker (CCB), which works by relaxing blood vessels and improving blood flow.
- Olmecip AM tablets are taken orally, with one tablet to be taken daily with or without food.
- This medication has been clinically proven to effectively lower blood pressure and reduce the risk of complications associated with high blood pressure, such as stroke and heart attack.
- Olmecip AM tablets may cause some side effects, such as dizziness, headache, and swelling of the legs and ankles, but these are generally mild and can be managed with medication or lifestyle changes.
- It is important to take Olmecip AM tablets as prescribed and to attend regular check-ups with your healthcare provider to monitor your blood pressure and adjust your treatment as necessary.
- Olmecip AM tablets should not be taken during pregnancy or breastfeeding, as they may harm the developing fetus or newborn.
- If you have high blood pressure, talk to your healthcare provider about whether Olmecip AM tablets may be a suitable treatment option for you.